"Wes"

I came around the edge of the curtain and there he was. Laying comfortably on the bed, he had this beautiful smile on his face when he saw me and as I walked closer he winked and reached for my hand. I couldn't believe it, an hour and a half after having someone performing brain surgery on him he was lying there like he didn't have a care in the world and flirting with me! Beyond sounding hoarse from the tube that they had inserted during surgery to help him breathe he was still 'Wes'.

The wound at the top of his head was not what I expected...it was so much better...yes, the staples made it quite prominent and he had blood on the sides of his head where they had braced it for surgery, but he looked really good!

OK, I will admit that I did have to sit down a few times because I was still weak in the knees, not just from the wink, but from the atmosphere and feeling the energy drain right out of me. There were many others in that area who were not so lucky and because the beds are all situated in an open area around the nurses desk you have no choice but to notice everyone.

Nicolas arrived a few minutes later and that was when I realized again what great young men we had in our boys. I had spoken to Mark on the phone earlier and his concern and love for his dad and me was so overwhelming and now Nicolas was here to make sure we were both OK as well. We are very proud of both of them. It was also in this moment that I realized that though I had always believed that our little family was close, I now saw that we had bonded even more than I had ever thought possible.

The following Bible verse doesn't really pertain so much to this blurb as much as it could, but I like the "do not despise your mother" part, although I could do without the old part!!

"Listen to your father, who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old." Proverbs 23:22

Comments

Popular Posts