Wes & Dinah


Here is a Glimpse...
December 17th of this year, Wes will be turning 46. He will finally have caught up with me...I turned 46 on October 6 of this year. He has always taken advantage of the fact that he is a few months younger, but that's OK it only takes a few months and then we're on the same level again.
They say that life begins at forty, because that's when love and living start to become a gentle art.

Wes learned the art of love and living at a young age and he is still going strong...

People have commented on his ability to take this brain tumour in stride, but many don't realize that that has always been his way of handling life. How else do you think he could handle living with me?

They say that opposites attract and I guess to a degree that is true. If you look at his smiling baby picture and then you look at mine you might wonder what he saw in me with that grumpy face (Good thing we met 20 years later!). You may still wonder that today, but God brought us together and we both believe that. Even though so many things about us are opposite, so many things are compatible.


Wes grew up in a larger family, he is the oldest of six children. He has 4 sisters (Lorna, Sandy, Val & Connie) and 1 brother (Richard).
I grew up in a smaller family, I am the baby of my family with 2 older sisters (Wanda & Cheryl).
But now both of those families have all expanded to include spouses, grandchildren and in my family's case, even great grandchildren.

So, how can two people who are so very different, become so very much the same?
Wes loves motorcycles, rodeos and vintage cars...I love shopping, collecting Barbies and theatre. But, we have learned the power of sharing our passions and it has never felt like a compromise.

I have learned to drive dirt bike and do the boy things that the men in our house love to do and he has learned to enjoy Celebrations (dinner theatre) and shopping. We have worked together on many drama projects for a lot of years. He is my stage designer and knows how to capture my vision and take it to the next level making it his own. I've learned to love rodeos and vintage cars, though the only ones I can afford to get him are the Muscle Machines and he tries to find me the most unique and beautiful collector Barbie's.
He loves his music quiet and uplifting and though I enjoy that style of music thoroughly, I also love the music bouncing off the walls. He loves to listen to Scripture on CD and I prefer to read it. I love to be busy with many things, he prefers to handle one thing at a time.
He's a black and white thinker and I live in constant technicolor.

Our Wedding day, May 6, 1984



Yes, I can understand why they say that life begins at forty, because now is when we've just begun to live all over again.

Our wedding verse...

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
1 Corinthians 13:13

Comments

Doreen said…
Little did you know of the journey that lay ahead of you when you made your vows to be true to one another in sickness and in health back in '84, but, that is what commitment is all about! It's not just about the easy or fun times that we stand together at each other's side. True love does what you are doing right now! Our thoughts and prayers are with you even while we are in Texas serving with MDS.

May God continue to bless you on your journey!
Bert & Doreen
Dinah Elias said…
Hey Doreen,

We will pray for you as you serve in Texas. Working with MDS or something like that is what Wes has often talked about that he would like to do sometime in the future. Who knows where we may land up one day!

Thank you so much for your friendship and prayers!

Popular Posts