Meeting Kim

After meeting with our neurological surgeon we went on to meet Kim who was the neurological nurse...she was our sounding board...the person who could anticipate our questions even before we asked...she was bubbly and upbeat...she was exactly who we needed at the end of this appointment. We laughed...we cried...she was honest and open...she promised Wes that she would have extra security on standby the day of the surgery just in case a crazy blond woman shows up and tries to pass herself off as a nurse...I'm not sure what that was all about, but her and Wes had a good laugh over it.
Kim explained every detail of what would be happening the day of the surgery and following. She gave us a packet of info and then made arrangements to have all the pre-op tests done before we left. She was wonderfully comforting to be with.
I read the Brain Tumour Foundation handbook from cover to cover and unlike any info that you find on the Internet this book was not scary or overwhelming. By the way we decided at the start that we would not allow any Internet searches on brain tumours. I had started looking on line right after the diagnosis and was soon torn apart by different emotions, fears & anxieties...every story had their own positive or negative ending, so I made a promise to Wes that I would allow God to be the author of our story. Most sane decision I had made so far!
Wes had this unbelievable, solid, quiet strength and peace about him. It drove me crazy, how can you be so calm in the midst of the worst storm of your life...literally fighting for your life. His answer? "There's nothing we can do to change it...God is in control. I win either way. If I die, I'm with Him and if I live I'm with you."
I was still dealing with so many inner fears and every little thing would set me off ( I know that those of you who really know me find that hard to believe!) but I had only given God a little piece of this problem, I wasn't ready to let go completely...and well, that's another story, for another time.

Comments

Popular Posts