A Look Back and a Glimpse Ahead...

"Edmonton Mall Roller Coaster"

Years ago we took the boys on vacation to the Edmonton Mall. They were pretty small at the time and so we couldn't go on the roller coaster because they just weren't tall enough. Deep down I was so glad because I really did not have any interest in flipping around on this wild ride. To me it was adventurous enough to stand on the bridge as the roller coaster looped over top of you. But, the boys were very disappointed. Wow, that feels like a lifetime ago...

"Drop of Doom - Edmonton Mall"
So, to make it up to the boys Wes thought we should try the drop of doom which they were tall enough to go on. I looked up...way up...and thought, "OK, it's one quick 4 second drop, how bad could that be? Better than a 5 minute ride that jerks you around" So, with a deep breath and a brave smile that wavered for a moment I agreed. Wes quickly bought the tickets before I could change my mind, which I was considering doing as I watched others fly by us on this ride. Well finally it was our turn and as they strapped, buckled and belted us into place in the chairs that were joined together at the hip we were then on our way up seven stories.
Well, we reached the top and you could feel the machine lock into position and just as the boys excitedly pointed out that they thought they could see our truck in the parking lot the lift let go and before you had time to let out a scream you heard the air brakes kick in and the lift flew along a curve forcing you on your back and we came to a halt just before the cement wall and we lay there staring at our feet.
Why am I sharing this with you? Well, this is about how we have been feeling this week. Just when you think you have things figured out and you think you can see ahead of you into the future the bottom drops out and God allows you to free fall, at least you think it's a free fall, but all the while he is still holding you strapped, buckled and belted safely in the palm of His hand.
Still doesn't make sense? Well, let me illustrate. This afternoon the air brakes went off and God gave us another glimpse into why he's in control and not us.
At around 1:30 today(Friday) we received a phone call from Sara who works at the Dr. C. W. Wiebe centre and she's been working hard at getting Wes an appointment with a neurologist. After a very discouraging week I was ready for some good news, but not really expecting it. But, Sara had good news, at least news that would bring us to the next level of our journey.
Considering that Wes was told yesterday that it could take up to a year for an appointment with a neurologist we weren't expecting anything miraculous. But, we do have a God who only deals in miracles.
Sara was able to negotiate an appointment for Wes for next week Thursday @ 9:00a.m. with a neurologist at the medical arts building. The appointment could take upward to 2 hours, but we have an appointment!
Thank you so much for your prayers! Please pray for Wes this week as he nervously anticipates this appointment, pray for both of us that we would gain some much needed rest over the next while, this has been a sleepless week.
Pray for us as we continue to evaluate some life decisions, because we know that everything will still take time and that we still don't have any guarantees that his drivers will be reinstated. Pray for me as I evaluate a job search, my resume is a little dusty - haha. Some day I'll write out the top ten reasons of why I would not make a good waitress...trust me, you won't want to miss that one!
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts." Psalm 139:23

Comments

Popular Posts