The Gifts Keep Coming...

I got off the phone with our family doctor this morning who gave us some more good news in regards to the MRI I had on March 17th. This MRI was arranged as a follow-up after my pancreatitis attack and though I wasn't looking forward to it, I just wanted to get it over with. It was quite a process, they hooked up an IV so that they could inject dye into my body as the test was happening and when they were ready for me they brought me to the MRI machine.

I laid down on the bed and they strapped two large cameras onto my abdomen and then I was brought up and into the MRI machine. It is a very claustraphobic feeling, but you just keep reminding yourself that God is in there right with you and that wall that is only three inches from your face is just that. I was in there for about 3/4 of an hour and except for periodically being interupted by the instructions to breathe or not breathe, I prayed. As the bed moved back and forth and the cameras heated my body when they were turned on, my prayers continued. It's amazing how many faces and names come to mind when you are strapped down with nowhere to go.

Well, the MRI checked my pancreas, liver, kidneys and spleen and the test results came back normal! More exciting news...it's hard to explain but when God answers prayers beyond what you expect, it is tremendously humbling and exciting all at once.

I don't have too much more to add because quite honestly this has been an extremely long week both emotionally and physically for both of us.

Please pray for Wes who has developed a bad cold this week. I think part of it is the stress, but we also know that the colds are flying around like crazy and he's been fortunate so far to have avoided them, but I guess he couldn't avoid it forever. He begins his chemo again on April 8th so I'm hoping that he has it through his system by then.

Thank you for your continued prayers, we have no words to express how much your support means to us! You are Aaron and Hur for us!

"When Moses' hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side, one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset." Exodus 17:12

Comments

Anonymous said…
Remember that childhood song..... the wise man built his house upon the rock? I learned a new verse during the moms program this winter... The prayers go up and the blessings come down.... May you continue to be showered with blessings as the prayers keep going up....

Marilyn Hart
Pastor Ted said…
Heh, Wes & Dinah - that's great news! Haven't followed your blog for a while so just got caught up today. PTL that Wes got in to see neurologist so quickly and PTL that your MRI came back clear.

Will pray that Wes will get over cold before next round of chemo.

You are often in out thoughts and prayers!

Love your sense of humour and deep sharing of your faith and what it means to walk with God in all kinds of weather and paths.
Ted & Mary

Popular Posts