Do you ever wonder what you'll be like 40 years from now?

Free Clip Art Pics & Funny Cartoons


Well, I know what Wes and I would be like as an eighty year old couple. These past few days we sit together side by side in our lazy boys watching a DVD when suddenly I'll turn to him, "You tired?"
"Yeah, are you?"

And without another word we both head to the bedroom for a nap. We have a nice 2 hour nap and then we make our way back to our lazy boys and a short while later we have the same conversation. And we laugh as we slowly make our way to the bedroom again, me walking cautiously because I'm still sore and he's just so tired he can't move out of 1st gear.

So, today I managed to stay up all day and Wes had a couple of really good naps, so when Mark called and asked if we could come and pick him up from town (we won't talk about why he doesn't have a vehicle) and meet him for a quick supper and deliver him to his girlfriend. OK, don't even ask about that one!

I thought it would be good to get out and about for a change. In fact I was feeling so much better by five o'clock that I thought this will be fun. I decided that we could even stop in at the store and pick up some fruit for Wes and Mark and some more sliced bread for my sumptuous meals of dry toast. We might even drop in at Wal Mart just for fun.

Well, we got to town and after ordering my chicken noodle soup without noodles and one slice of dry toast I was beat. Actually I was already tired while I was changing to go to town , but I was still wanting to go.

Our food came and we had barely started eating when Wes and I looked at each other and we both knew without saying a word 'Let's just go home!'

We got in the vehicle and realized we were low on fuel so with heavy hearts we made our way to the Co-op bulk pumps in town. We were at the lights waiting for a green, it was barely green and the van across from us just sat there.

"Oh, good grief move already!" I said grumpily.

"Easy, easy" Wes said to me as he began to make his corner when the van had finally crossed over "You are really grumpy when you're tired"

"I'm having my own cloud in heaven on the far side somewhere so I can be all by myself!" I said and Wes and Mark both started laughing. "Well, you guys can come for visitation but that's it!" I started laughing myself as I realized how ridiculous I was being, but I really hated being so tired.

We fueled up and went to drop Mark off at Country Kitchen where Eva works and as he got out he thanked us for supper and wished us a good night.

I turned to him, "Don't worry about us, we'll be fine! We might take a nap about halfway home, but we'll stop the vehicle first!"

Mark laughed as he shut the door. We drove off the yard and made our way out of town. We had just driven past the trailer court when Wes said, "Oh shoot! We were going to pick up some fruit! Do you want to go back to town and get some?" and before I could answer he finished with "Good I don't want to go back either." We laughed again and finished our journey home.

I was never a believer in being able to see into the future, but now I see that God has given Wes and myself a gift, whether we will both live into our eighties or even if we don't make it together that long at least we know what it could have been like.

Now, that's a gift....I think!

"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." Isaiah 46:4

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dinah-- See, that's what I'm talking about when I say angelic.... going through so much pain and yet finding humour in it..... I will concede angelic and compromise at super human?! : )

May God continue to inject these moments of shared laughter into your days to help give relief.

rest up,
Marilyn
Pastor Ted said…
Hi Dinah & Wes,
You have a hilarious way of looking at the future! Sounds like you guys are preparing well! That 80 yr mark looms closer for us than for you.

Thanks for your candid and humourous way of looking at life - the good times and the hard times. Your blog is an inspiration.

Actually used you guys as an example of someone who knows what it means to experience God's promise that He will give us "the treasures of darkness, riches stored in the secret places." (Isaiah 45:3)
Be blessed! And Rock on! - Hope those recliners are rockin recliners!! That way you have the feeling of going somewhere without having to travel!
Ted :)

Popular Posts