You CAN teach an old dog new tricks!

Well, as of 4:00 this afternoon Wes passed the road test that he needed to take to re-instate his license! This has been a nerve-wracking week...no, let me rephrase that...it's been a very nerve-wracking month!

People have wondered why he was so worried since he's been driving for years. Well, let me try to explain. The pre-trip inspection was what had him concerned. The pre-trip consisted of 7 different sections that each had their own dynamics. Inspecting the body of the truck, motor, hoses, rad, tires, frame, crossbars, gauges and on it goes. We had 'rehearsed' the pre-trip inspection a few times, I of course played the part of the examiner which was ok, but not quite so much fun after the twentieth time.

The first time I went out to the shop to 'help' study I casually went into the shop only to run out of there an hour later to get my fur hat, some long johns and another jacket with a pair of mitts. The next time I was a little smarter and pre-dressed for the occasion. Today, Wes came and picked me up from work (by the way, I got a job at the church as of April 1st as the Director of Worship & Programming! That has been very exciting for me. It is on a contract basis until June 30th, but I'll take it!) anyway, back to the inspection thingy.

He comes to pick me up and I'm wearing my good brown heels and my light shawl (OK, so I was only thinking that I'd be working indoors today!) and I played the examiner again out on Wes' mom and dad's yard. Clicking along behind Wes with my little heels trying desperately not to step in the mud puddles from his truck (he was washing it) and hoping that the wind would die down because it was SOOOOO cold out there with that little shawl, but hey the color went with the pants. For half an hour I followed along on my blue paper, trying to keep it from fluttering out of my hands and hoping that the sound of my teeth chattering wouldn't distract Wes from his practice time. I'm sure I'll be dreaming of exhaust systems, inspection stickers and kingpins for a long long time.

Well, he finally finished with only a couple of mistakes and I was free to climb back into a warm vehicle. Only a few more hours and it would all be over. Wes wasn't sure whether this was even worth it anymore and deep down I had to agree...what a rigamoroll!

Well, he's officially back on the road tomorrow morning for two loads so I guess we'll see how it goes.

Thank you for all your prayers!

Tomorrow I will give you the results of the MRI from last week. Right now, I'm too tired to keep typing, but hopefully it all still made sense...Night!

"Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?" 1 Corinthians 13:5

Comments

Audrey said…
Woowhoo!! :)
Sleep well.

Popular Posts