Smiles, tears and cheers...

People are amazing and interesting and so caring. I can't tell you how many people have stopped me wherever I was today and asked the same question "Well? Did Wes pass his test?" I answer with a smile knowing what's coming next from those who have asked the question, "I knew he would, I don't know what he was worried about!" Sometimes the sentence is followed by a smile, a cheer, a thumbs up, a hug, a pat on the back and even a few tears.


Today was a day that right from the start I was reminded over and over again of how God's people share their love. Their love is filled with care and concern, they love with passion and a commitment to pray, they love as though they are our soul cheerleaders, they love not because they are commanded to love, but because the love comes from a deeper source.


I sat in my office at the end of my day today and the face of each person that I had talked too ran through my mind again and I smiled. How can people care so much about one person? There is no way that you can walk through something like this and not say that you feel loved and cared for.

After work Wes and I stopped in at Superstore before heading home and again from the parking lot to the fruit section through to the check out people were stopping us to find out the latest update and the sincere smiles and words of encouragement were so heart warming.

What am I learning through all of this? That life with God is never boring, that he is performing miracles in every moment of every day and if we stop and listen and look around you can't help but see them.

That God's love is like a chameleon, it can shift and transform, his love on any given day will be there in whatever form he deems necessary for it to be. Sometimes you need to stop whatever your doing, wherever you are and feel the whispers of his love pouring over your tired and wounded heart and other times it stops you cold in your tracks and blows your mind with its presence forcing you to fall to your knees in honor and praise, but either way, it's always there.


"Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare." Psalm 40:5

Comments

Popular Posts