Baby it's cold outside...

OK, I know we're all living in a healthy state of denial that winter is coming, but I have proof...this is the picture I took about ten minutes ago from Nic's third story balcony. Yes, that is snow, well, mostly sleet. It's pretty slick outside already and the wind, good grief that's enough to send chills up your spine because it sounds like a blizzard...yuch!
Right now Wes is being the typical Mennonite and watching people coming in and out of the building on Nic's TV. He's seeing how many people he recognizes and I'm just watching once in a while to see how many will use the main entrance ramp as a slip and slide - haha. I guess I'm the only one so far...wow that walk up to the front door was really icy. Didn't fall down and break a hip though...good thing, I managed to keep my footing which for me is pretty good.
Our appointment went well this morning, same old same old, you walk in they all smile and after a quick 'hi' someone calls you in and 25 minutes later you're on the move again. On your way out they all call out 'see you tomorrow!' and away you go!
Understandably all the parkades were full so we had to park down the street and I was wearing my long leather coat and I felt like Batman from Batman Begins. I just didn't get too far with my big black cape because the wind blew my coat right back into the door just as I slammed it shut and well, that's as far as I could go. It jammed the door on the blazer so bad I had a hard time opening up the door, so you can only imagine of course I cut my coat in a couple of places along the bottom...grrr...that wind is enough to drive you crazy!!
Well, now Wes is on to watching the SPEED channel, hill climbing is on. Bringing back fond memories for him I guess. All I keep hearing once in a while is "Keep your feet on the pegs!" or "See, that guy made it because he kept his feet on his pegs!" - haha, he's really thrilled that I'm giving you a play by play of him right now!
I look at him and think of all of you, because it is your prayers that are keeping him as healthy as he is right now. He does not have his energy, but a lack of energy is minor compared to what could be happening. Please continue to pray, though we laugh and try to keep our lives as normal as possible, we know that it's not and life is a fragile moment that can shift and change in a heartbeat. So, for now, we are very grateful to God for the grace he has shown us in Wes' battle to beat this tumour and we are grateful to you for choosing to walk beside us and helping to carry us through this time in so many different ways!
"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16

Comments

Carole Hiebert said…
Isn't it great to have some "normal" and "mundane" stuff going on in your day?....loved Wes's commentary - good thing for cable at Nic's apartment!!
hey wes great to hear you're up and around best as you can.hey that sleet could'a waited another month or so,can't do much rid'in now.hey and that veranika and schmontfat sure does sound great,you just go whole hog on it.we ll we are pray'in so keep look'in up buddy.

Popular Posts