So today I needed to stay home to purge my body and prepare for the surgery tomorrow. I worked a bit from home, but got restless in front of the computer very quickly. Having to drink a large amount of liquid was actually tough, there were a few times I thought I would become sick over it because it just felt like water overload. But, I made it through and now it's just a matter of waiting for the next step tomorrow morning.
I spent the day puttering around the house, sweeping and straightening up so that when I come home from my surgery there is some semblance of order. Sweeping the entrance and cleaning up the kitchen are not my favorite things to do, but they got done. Doing the laundry and straightening up random papers that gather in little piles here and there throughout the house - where do they all come from? - made me feel like I was at least accomplishing a few things. That was of course, until I went downstairs to Mark's bathroom and found a whole new laundry pile in there! Ah well, I guess there's always next week to have that completely accomplished feeling.
Out of all the things that I did today washing our bedding was the worst! Stripping off the bedding is fine, throwing it in the washer is a no brainer, but drying it is where the frustration starts. The duvet cover will wrap itself around anything and everything including itself. You have to constantly pull it out and unravel it and today it was determined to tie itself in knots.
I pulled it out along with the sheet thinking that it was so nice and dry until I realized that it had wrapped itself around the sheet and they had become so entangled that it took me quite a while to untangle it and then of course the parts that were scrunched together were wet. So, back into the dryer it went.
But wait, it's not just the drying part that gets frustrating, you now have to put everything back together again! The duvet cover worked pretty easy which I was relieved about because there have been times when I have felt like I had wrestled an alligator by the time I'm done. But the funny part came when I went to put the bed sheet back on. Why is it that I never EVER have the right end in the right corner? Today was no exception. I was positive I had started with the right corner only to find out that by the time I had maneuvered my way to the other side I had run out of corners plus I had the long end of the sheet at the short end of the bed. I stood there and stared at the bed for awhile then began pulling the corners off again determined to start again. Well, by the time you try and pull the elastic corners out from under the mattress without going to the side you need too the laughter begins bubbling out.
I thought to myself, "Why don't you just walk around and pull the corners out? It would be so much simpler than trying to yank them out from the opposite side of the bed. Well I finally freed the sheet and began again. We have a sleigh bed so of course the job wouldn't be complete without ramming my fingers into the edge of the wood while stretching the sheet into position and of course the icing on the cake was cracking my ankle against the edge of the bed as I made my way around the corner to get the blanket.
I realized that this is probably why I avoid housework as much as possible, I have no insurance coverage for bedding changes.
But why is it that we know how we are supposed to do things, but we still always try to do things our own way no matter how painful it becomes?

"Who is wise? He will realize these things. Who is discerning? He will understand them. The ways of the LORD are right; the righteous walk in them, but the rebellious stumble in them." Hosea 14:9

Comments

Popular Posts