Heading to the end of the week...

Well, tomorrow's the big day. Wes is having his follow-up MRI tomorrow and then on Friday we 'HOPEFULLY' see Dr. Schroeder. Please pray that we will actually see a doctor on Friday for the results.
Well, to let you know how stressed I have been about these appointments let me tell you a little story about my day on Monday.
I went to work as usual and it was a good morning, everything went really well. I came home in the afternoon and decided I was hungry for peanut butter cookies. I mixed the ingredients according to the recipe or at least I thought it was according to the recipe. I reached the part of the recipe that calls for peanut butter chips and chopped up peanuts. I didn't really pay too much attention to anything after that because, well, usually after it says add peanut butter chips there's nothing else to add.
Well, now I began rolling out the cookie balls and thought it seemed a bit dry, but kept at it until I had them all rolled out. I stood there for awhile and just stared at the pans with those dry little pieces of cookie dough on them and wondered why it just didn't feel right. I opened up my recipe book one more time and glanced through the ingredients and as I read through the list I got to the part about the peanut butter chips and beneath that I read add with peanut butter.
I looked at all my ingredients still sitting on my cupboard and with a big sigh I slowly turned and walked to my pantry where my container of Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter was sitting untouched. I hauled it out with a groan and with a little more force than necessary I threw every one of those cookie dough balls back into the mixer and scooped the appropriate amount of peanut butter in there and mixed it all again. I tried to justify my mistake by saying which recipe has ANY ingredients after the chips?

Oh well, I'm thinking that maybe I should have waited to do any baking until next week...after we've heard some positive results, I think my mind will be a little more in tune with the world around me!

"I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have preserved my life." Psalm 119:93

Comments

Popular Posts