Who invented the car?

Pretty isn't it? That is until you get into it and then heaven forbid if you are ever able to get out of it!

OK, let's start from the beginning. We needed to take the Blazer away for repairs and since it was supposed to take the better part of the day they gave us a car to use. At first glance you think, 'Wow, that is a sleek looking vehicle!' OK, I say that because we have been given vehicles before when our vehicle is in for repairs and trust me, they have never looked like this! So, I was suitably impressed as I made my way to this silver Malibu with a pretty good smile on my face.

However, it doesn't take you long to realize that luxury has a price...a chiropractic cost that just isn't worth a plug nickel. It took me all of 5 minutes to figure that out because that's about how long it took me to get into the thing. So, when me and my purse fell into the passenger seat and buckled in I looked to the right and my goodness 'Is that a window or a peephole?'

I look to the front, past my knees and stare at the hub cabs on the vehicles driving by us as we wait to enter onto the highway. Hub cabs are quite easy to see when they are eye level. So, we had a few hours to kill in Altona and what can you do? Well, we thought we'd start with lunch and ummm the only restaurant that we thought would be worth checking out was the Chicken Chef that was now in the old train station. So, off we went.
We found a parking spot and as soon as I had opened my door I realized that I was going to be earning that salad pretty quick. The door opened easy enough, but by golly it was going to take some maneuvering to get myself out of this pretty vehicle. By the time I had figured out the best way to swing the important body parts out I had to dive back in and get my purse, after all Wes' pills are in there. So I doubled over and picked it up off the floor and wriggled my way back out, banging my head on the edge of the door frame, now that's always a wonderful sensation and finally pulled myself back into the full upright position.

After lunch we walked across the street to waste some more time in the MCC store, then the Bargain Shop and finally Farm Supply and that is pretty much the high life in Altona.
The garage called Wes earlier than expected and told us that we may as well go home because they had to order parts in. So, we were taking our gangster car home.

The next day Wes took me to work at the church and after I went through the same routine as the day before trying to get out of the vehicle (by now I was getting pretty flexible already...maybe not cirque du soleil ready, but the word contortionist did flit through my mind a time or two!) Then I needed to retrieve my laptop from the back seat and I hadn't quite opened the door all the way and just when I had reached down for my laptop bag the door did its thing by whacking me in the side. OK, now I'm starting to get a little irritated.
Now, for those of you who absolutely love cars you probably should have stopped reading right after you read the title to this entry...

But, no seriously, I'm not prejudiced against cars, even though it sounds like it, because when I was younger and much more flexible my very first car was a brown 2-door mustang...

and that was pretty cool, for me at least and trust me I needed all the help I could get in the cool department. After all, the Toni perm wasn't doing it for me, maybe a car would help.




Then a little while later I was able to buy an EXP. OK, for those of you who don't remember what an EXP looks like I have inserted a visual.


It was a short lived car that Ford had come out with, but it was a great little two seater that also made me cool for at least a little while. Although to be honest I think that was all in my head

Then when I married Wes I learned to love 4 wheel drive vehicles and sitting high enough to look other vehicles in the eye.
Well, back to our wonderful adventure. Wes came to pick me up after work and off we went to trade vehicles.
Now, Wes hadn't really said a negative word about the Malibu except that it was very different driving a car, even a car that is much newer than our Blazer. But let me tell you when he climbed back into our Blazer he breathed this little sigh of relief and as he buckled in he mumbled "Oh, this feels so much better!"
And the man and woman lived happily ever after...
"The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride."
Ecclesiastes 7:8

Comments

Audrey said…
Oh Dinah, thanks for sharing! Too bad I'm home alone, as here I sit laughing out loud by myself. However, Charles will read your post when he's home later. Over here at our house, we also hate cars, you are not alone.
And do you not know about Pizza Haven??? Honestly??!? The BEST pizza ever and they bring in desserts from Baked Expectations. Seriously, go directly back to Altona... skip the auto repairs... skip the loaner car... SKIP Chicken Chef... and go straight to Pizza Haven.
Dinah Elias said…
Hey Audrey,

Ah yes, I have fond memories of Pizza Haven. One of our places to stop in Summer on cycle, just like The Hut. But, sadly, until dairy is back on my list of things to enjoy, neither one of those places is an option. But, I am looking forward to summer...trust me!!!

Glad to have given you a laugh:)

See you tomorrow in the booth!
Anonymous said…
HAHAHAHAAH!! I am laughing Dinah only because I was in the same situation not that long ago! We were vehicle shopping and just to humor Howie I tried a car!! By the end of the road test neither one of us were laughing until I couldn't get out. Well, Howie got me out in a hurry when he reached over and yes, pinched my butt! The laugh was on him though as he struggled to get out! I think he is still in there, come to think of it!! Hope you have a great week! Love ya guys and are praying for you!
Marilyn H.
Dinah Elias said…
Hey Marilyn,

I can almost hear you laughing from here!

Just leave him in the car!!

Love you too! Think of you so often...miss you lots!

Dinah

Popular Posts