Runny nose, runny eyes...yuch!

Well, it finally happened! All winter I've been able to avoid 'the cold' that everyone has been talking about. Ah well, I knew it would probably happen eventually, but I would rather have avoided it all together if I could. So, now I sit here with my hot cup of tea, a box of Kleenex and a jumbo jar of Vick's.

I'm hoping that I don't pass this ugly thing on to Wes, it's not something he needs before he starts another round of chemo next week. Pray for protection for him and I'll keep sneezing into the crook of my arm just like they say on TV, hopefully between the prayers and all my medical supplies we can keep him safe.

"Is the tea helping?" Wes asks from his lazy boy covered from head to toe in a cozy blanket. I know what he's really asking..."Am I going to have to listen to this ALL weekend?" He gives me that little smile, the one that gets me every time, you know what I'm talking about, the cute little smile that says he knows he can get away with saying just about anything as long as he ends it with that look. But I can tell he is very very tired. This has been a very long week for him and he's needing some down time this weekend.

So, I grab another Kleenex and Wes digs into his bowl of peaches, one of his favorite night time snacks and we both sit back with a sigh...OK, I sound a little more like Mr. Snuffleupagus....Ugh! I hate colds!

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. " Isaiah 40:29

Comments

Popular Posts