OK, you asked for the mundane you got it...

I have not had too much to talk about in the past few weeks and I made the comment to a couple of people that the only exciting thing I could talk about is going grocery shopping and their comments back to me were "Tell us anyway!"
So, here you go...

We went to Superstore and I was already wracking my brain for ideas for supper for myself. I will admit though that I did try a couple of little pieces of chicken with my Asian salad on Thursday and that seemed to work out just fine. And since I'm confessing, I will also admit that when my sister-in-law Lorna made a sweet and sour meatball supper for us on Saturday I tried a couple of meatballs. I couldn't resist, she is an amazing cook and so I knew a couple of meatballs would be worth the risk and they were, so was the baked rice and vegetables and oh yeah, along with the scrumptious bread that my other sister-in-law Val baked. Trust me, it all hit the spot just fine.

So, anyway back to our big shopping spree. Wes finally knew what he was hungry for and that was a great moment, he hasn't had much of an appetite in the last while. It's not because of nausea or anything, but I suppose if you aren't doing much beyond sleeping you don't really work up an appetite. So, he decided he was hungry for fish and I was still hemming and hawing for myself. I picked up my usual stir fry veggies and bean sprouts and then as we went down each aisle I realized that we didn't have many aisles left and I still didn't know what I wanted for supper.
Then we hit the aisle with mayo and we blew by it because though I love mayo it just wasn't a realistic option...unless...I made Wes turn the cart around again and then I stood in front of the different types of mayo and I read the back of every jar...high in fat...very high in fat and just as I was going to walk away I saw a small stack of jars tucked away at the back of the second shelf. Were my eyes deceiving me? It actually said 'Fat Free'.
I grabbed one of the last jars on the shelf and turned to Wes with a huge grin, "I'm having a toasted tomato sandwich...woohoo..." and I dragged Wes and the cart back to the fruits and vegetables to choose the best tomato's for my special supper.
I told you it would be mundane...but I'm telling you a toasted tomato sandwich never tasted so good!!
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

Comments

Popular Posts