Goodness Of God



A few months ago I purchased one of those furnace filters with the Bluetooth capability.  I was hoping this would help remind me to change my filter when it was necessary.  I will admit that it was kind of a fun gadget too, I could go on the app and it would tell me how much life was left in the filter, it even told me where my filter was, the town and specific location, like for me it was in my basement.  The filter was down to the last 10% of life and I knew I’d need to replace it soon.  I purchased a cheaper filter this time and promptly pulled the fancy one out and put it beside my garage door ready to be thrown out.  I drove to town and when I arrived at work I received a notification on my phone from the app telling me that the air going through my filter had greatly improved from Good to Very Good.  I paused for a second wondering what in the world?  But, I can only guess that by taking it out of the furnace and putting it beside the door where it no longer had to work at filtering air had caused it to believe it was now in a ‘very good’ position.  That did make me laugh.

This past week has been tough.  Everyone scrambling to figure out what their life looks like now when it feels as though we’ve had the rug pulled out from under us.  We’ve all been literally torn away from what we know as normal and asked to lay everything aside and make way for a new normal.  

So, like that filter, God has moved us all out of our comfort zone and it has been a hard change and a difficult journey for everyone. But, with that move I’ve seen some pretty fantastic things happen within our community.  People pulling together to make sure their neighbors are ok, helping our local businesses, volunteering wherever they can, offering child care, sending care packages, health care workers working overtime and the list goes on.  Our community has gone from Good to Very Good.

There is a song that our music teams at WMBC have sometimes led called The Goodness of God and it has become like an anthem for me.  Every time we have sung this song it's been such a beautiful reminder to me that all my life He has been faithful, all my life He has been so so good.  I’ve posted the video here on my blog and my prayer for all of you tonight is that through all of the uncertainty of this current situation or whatever else you may be going through right now that this will be a reminder that there will always be The Goodness of God.


O taste and see that the Lord is good; how blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him! Psalm 34:8






Comments

Popular Posts