Let's Dance!

Today I took my beautiful granddaughter with me to shop for a birthday gift for a friend of mine.  I buckled her into the car seat and off we went.  As we drove along she chattered happily.

“Look Mama!  A girl with a hat!”
“A dog!”
“A car!”
“A house!”
“Your church Mama!”
“We going shopping right Mama?”
“I’m a big girl!”
Every time I glanced over my shoulder she looked back at me with a huge smile, eyes sparkling.  We parked at the mall and I took her out of her car seat and then hand in hand we made our way to the mall entrance and her contented tidbits of conversation continued non-stop.  She was intrigued with the automatic doors and we had to stop and try on some sunglasses in Ardene’s, then examine every purse in the sales display at Bentley.  Finally we were on our way to Maurices and still she found things to point out that were exciting to her as she skipped along beside me.  We stepped through the doors and had only walked a few feet into the store when she came to a complete stop and looked up at me with a huge grin.
“Mama!  Music!  Let’s dance!!”
It was a split second decision…the woman behind the counter was watching, I could see her out of the corner of my eye and then I looked down at my granddaughter, her blond ponytail already moving to the beat of the music that she was hearing through the store's PA system, her smile wide as she looked up at me.  So, we danced and my granddaughter giggled, joy radiating out of her beautiful eyes as her little feet moved to the song, the woman behind the counter laughed with us or at us, it didn’t matter.  I had made the quick decision to join my granddaughter in her little impromptu dance of joy and yes, it was worth every second!
Life is short...so dance like nobody's watching!
“Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices” Psalm 16:9

Comments

Popular Posts