Road Trip!

Friday, July 23rd in the evening the four of us left for the Black Hills, Yellowstone & Glacier Park. We had been planning this trip since last fall. This was the same trip that Wes and I took two years ago and it was something that we wanted to share with them. We made it through the first night with a bit of trouble trying to find a hotel in Bismark, apparently everything was booked solid. We finally stopped at a motel along the outskirts around 11:oop.m. and I walked up to the office and there was a small doorbell that you were supposed to ring if you were coming in after hours. A very sleepy man with hair sticking out in every direction came shuffling to the front desk and asked what I wanted. I told him I was looking for a room with two beds. He put his forehead down on the desk and turned the page in the book that was on the desk below. He turned another page, grunted a bit and then I'm positive he fell asleep. I waited and waited and he didn't move. Finally he grunted (I think he woke himself up) and lifted his head to say, "Give me a minute" He promptly put his head down again and went to sleep. I looked out the office window to our truck parked by the window and wasn't quite sure what to do. Do you walk out and just let him sleep, do you nudge him awake...what? Well, I was in that office for about ten minutes staring at the top of his head and every once in awhile he would grunt and finally he stood up straight and said "I don't think we have one" Really? Now there was a big surprise.

That was the start of our trip.

Nicolas had brought his GPS along and that turned out to be a wonderful guide for our trip. Of course me being the only female in this group made the jokes about women fly around pretty freely. The boys were discussing the fact that the GPS came with many different voices.
"You can get Brent Butt's voice from Corner Gas on there!" said Mark

"Yeah I know," said Nic "But I figured I'd keep it on the woman's voice so that I can get used to a woman telling me where to drive!"

Oh please!
"Fluffy"

This bear came to chew the grasshoppers off of our bumper...mmm good...I guess

500 lb Giant Turtle - He loved having his neck scratched!


The ever entertaining snake show!

The guys


Hamming it up on Needles Highway

Wes always pointing at something!
(Badlands)

Me and Nic at Mt. Rushmore






Highway to the Sun, Glacier Park


Mark leading the way on an unmarked path in Glacier Park. I was checking for bears!

Playing mini-golf at the Pirate's Cove in Rapid City



The guy who took this pic was from Scotland. He asked if we had our pictures posted in the sheriff's office...very funny guy!



Mammoth Springs, Yellowstone

Just me posing!

Wes and me underneath the tree - lol


Glacier Park
Well one last story of my guys and their women jokes. We were walking through the displays at the Bear enclosure and there was a large Canadian Polar Bear that was on display in the corner. We were just walking away when this little boy came into the tiny room pulling his Grandma's hand and pointing excitedly to the stuffed bear.
"Grandma is that a boy bear or a girl bear?" he asked I couldn't hear her reply but then the little guy asked "How can you tell?"
We walked away before I heard her answer him, but I heard Mark and Wes snickering so I knew something was up.
"What now?" I asked the two snickering men.
Mark could hardly stop laughing when he told me that when the boy had asked how you could tell Mark had leaned over to Wes and said "It's a boy bear and you can tell because his mouth is closed!"
Men think they are so funny! The three stooges were laughing and commenting all the way back to the truck!
It was at this point that I knew this was going to be a long trip with these boys!!
"By day the Lord went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night" Exodus 13:20-22

Comments

Popular Posts