Pepsi as a wall cleaner?!?!

OK, so yesterday I went to the city to do some spring cleaning for our oldest son Nicolas. Anyone who knows me knows housework is not my most favorite activity, but, I was really looking forward to spending the day on my own. And somehow when you are doing something for someone else, especially your son, it's just fun.

Having packed my extra cleaning supplies and tying my hair back into a really unattractive ponytail, I drove in with a few hundred other people to Winnipeg on Hwy #3 because Hwy 75 was still closed. Wow, you couldn't really pass anyone on the highway and every time you looked around the vehicle that you were trying to pass it sure felt like there were a few hundred vehicles on the road.

Eventually I made it to Grant Avenue and made my way up to Nic's apartment. After unpacking my arsenal of cleaners I began to work. Nic had a large carton of Pepsi's sitting on his table and my intention was to take them off the table and deposit them into the refrigerator. OK, that was the plan...that's not quite how it turned out.

As I lifted the carton, one of the Pepsi cans rolled out and before I could put the carton down to make a grab for it it dropped with a bang onto the edge of the table foot.

Well, you can only imagine what happened next.

The tin puffed up like a mad cat and a tiny hole had been punctured in the tin and away the Pepsi went...ALL over the walls, along the side of the freezer and as it rolled back and forth under the table it was nicely covering the legs of the table and as I quickly made my way under the table to make a dive after the mobile tin I grabbed it and realized as I stood up that the sucker had two holes punched in it and the sprays were both going in two different directions. Though the kitchen is only a few steps from the dining room it felt like it took me forever to get that stupid can into the sink.

After placing the can upside down into the sink I stood back and started laughing as I began wiping the Pepsi off my arms and my glasses.

You wonder if God isn't laughing with you in moments like this when he watches on of His own dive around after a live Pepsi can. Why else would things like this happen? I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that I didn't make sure the box was secure before I attempted to move it. I would rather believe that for that short moment in time I was God's entertainment.

I don't know about you, but I would like to believe that God finds me entertaining once in awhile. I know you're probably thinking that I'm in my own little dream world, which is probably true, but when things like that happen who else are you going to talk to about it that would really understand how funny it was. No one else saw what happened but Him. You can try to tell people how funny something was, but He was there the whole time, watching and I'm pretty sure there will have been an expression of joy.

"So, I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Comments

Popular Posts