Beauty all around

"Anniversary flowers from our church family"
"Anniversary flowers from Norm & Elva"
Well, the barbecue has been rolled back into the garage, the only leftovers from supper are a few veggies. The barbecue chicken disappeared without any difficulty and then dessert, well, there is very little left so hopefully that's an indication that it was good.
Our tummies are all full and there's been plenty of laughter too! Nicolas, Mark and Eva joined us for another anniversary celebration and it has been wonderful! We're all sitting back now, not too eager to move. If you can believe it I was out voted on what to watch on TV, it was four to one to watch the Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show...brother! So, while they are watching I'll talk to all of you.
My friend Kim dropped into my office on Thursday to wish me a belated Happy Anniversary.
I thought that was very cute considering that I've always loved celebrating, whether it's a birthday or an anniversary, I like to celebrate all week long, so there is no such thing as 'belated'. And celebrating is exactly what we've been doing.
It started last Saturday when we went out for a great evening with Wes' sister Lorna, her husband Jack and their son Cody. It was a marvelous start to a super week.
On Tuesday night Norm & Elva stopped by with best wishes and beautiful flowers.
Then on Wednesday Wes and I were able to go out to The Keg with a gift certificate that we had received from my co-workers. Now, that was another very good meal! We had such a nice evening together and of course because it was our anniversary we received a free piece of dessert to share. Well, that was a HUGE piece of ice cream cake (I believe it was cafe mocha ice cream) and it had hot fudge and caramel drizzled on it, with toasted almonds...lots of toasted almonds. The waitress did remind me after she placed it on the table that I was expected to share...so, I gave Wes his fork back.
Tomorrow evening we go out with my family to Boston Pizza. I have two sisters Wanda who's married to Jerry and Cheryl who is married to Ed and of course we can't have an evening out without our parents, Wes and Anne (I like to call them mom and dad). I'm really looking forward to that as well. Bonus - I don't have to cook! Anytime I don't have to cook I'm a happy camper. Although I have to admit that I had a blast getting the barbecue ready for today.
Considering that last fall we did not know if I would be celebrating this particular anniversary by myself, I'm quite content to be celebrating with Wes alive and doing well! OK, so he had a short nap when he was supposed to be barbecuing and he's been ready to go to sleep for the night since 8:30p.m., but that's alright...he's here, he's alive AND he still loves me after 25 years!!! What more could a girl ask for?....
"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy..." Psalm 30:11

Comments

Audrey said…
Happy Anniversary - sounds like great celebrations... and just for the record, your neighbors (BOTH of us) would also have voted for the Bugs Bunny & Tweety show!!!
:)
Anonymous said…
Happy Anniversary!!!

Marilyn Hart
Anonymous said…
I'm honoured to be mentioned in your blog! But seriously, I LOVE it that you made a big deal of your anniversary and that you love to celebrate things for a week! Dave is very much that way, which has rubbed off on me, but sometimes I feel pressure to not be that way. We have some friends that don't celebrate events and I think that is so sad. Cheers to you and Wes for having a week of celebration! Oh and one more thing - I noticed that your Dad and husband have the same name - my Dad's name is Dave. Cool!
Kim

Popular Posts