Heaven's Artwork

I will warn you this is not my most organized blog entry...for some reason I was having a bit of trouble with the photos and the words wouldn't line up properly, but, I hope you can enjoy it anyway :)

The most expensive painting that was ever sold privately was a painting by Paul Cézanne called "The Card Players" and it went for $250 million.  Seriously?  Who has that kind of money to spend on a picture?
I've seen the picture, oh not in real, but, on the Internet and quite frankly that's enough for me.  Personally, I don't get it, but then I haven't ever seen too many of these so called 'famous' art pieces that do anything for me.  However it did get me to thinking about what God has been showing me through His artwork.  Let me explain.
This summer I have found myself captivated by the sky, yes, the sky. I have become obsessed with capturing the beauty of the skies of this summer.  Obsessed to the point where I will stop at various times on my drive home and take pictures with my iPhone.  I find myself standing in front of our north facing picture window trying to catch glimpses of the cloud action that is happening beyond the tops of our trees.  Or Wes and I will go for a walk and I'll stop to take a picture every few feet.  Wes politely steps out of the way offering to switch sides on our walk so he doesn't have to stop every time I want to click a photo, but then when we turn around to walk back home I see more gorgeous clouds on the other side and so we switch lanes again.  I am in awe, Wes just shakes his head.
Every day the parade of clouds that move back and forth, turning, stretching and shifting has been a huge reminder of God's artistic abilities and I find myself looking up into the sky with a huge silly grin on my face, content to watch my Father's art show.
Now normally during our great Manitoba summers I love looking at our fields, watching how they change from green healthy plants to golden, ready to harvest crops or I enjoy looking for those first baby deer or listen for the sound of the geese coming home.  But, this year though I still enjoy those things, my focus has become directed toward the heavens. 


The blues have been breathtaking, especially when you throw in a healthy crop of corn. 
The shifting and changing of the clouds is fascinating.  It's never the same pattern twice...ever.
 Unlike our God who is steady and unchanging.
 The sun shooting rays of light over a farm yard in the distance, remind me of God's peace.  There's such warmth in those rays. He covers us with His wings...what a wonderful visual.




Even the clouds that have potential to bring some interesting weather have their own touch of originality and beauty. 
The strength and power of the weather is nothing compared to the power and strength of our God.







 I believe that if we watch nature closely enough we will always see glimpses of our Creator, I believe that He wants us to enjoy and appreciate His creativity. 
 
 
God created the Heavens and the earth and He saw that it was all good.  I would agree...heartily!

If you look carefully in the mirror I think the top of the signal light on the far left side of the mirror looks a bit like a cross in the clouds.  I thought that was kind of cool and I also thought that this was a nice way to close off this entry on my blog. 
In every way, no matter if you are reading scripture, praying or simply watching nature or admiring God's creations, He reminds us that He is God, He is our Father who loves us beyond the sunsets and saved us by sending His Son Jesus Christ so that we can enjoy a Heaven that is beyond what we can comprehend down here.
And that is a priceless piece of work, isn't it?

For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Psalm 108 3-5

Comments

Popular Posts